Sunday, January 24, 2010

Some Random Thoughts


I have not felt like writing much lately. There is not too much big church news. But I feel that I should write something to stay in the habit. I am still very impressed by Benedict's Peace Day Message: If You Want to Cultivate Peace, Protect Creation. Benedict has taken the lead with filling out our Catholic Social Teaching by addressing the issue of sustainability. He has definitely earned his reputation as the Green Pope, especially in comparison to previous pontiffs. Protecting creation seems of particular importance at this time of the year in Milwaukee. It's raining, snow is melting, and one wonders if raw sewage is being pumped into Lake Michigan.

In any case, I hope to have a more interesting post in the near future.

A Faithful Catholic

No comments: